The FIRST EVER Orthodox Study Bible presents the Bible of the early church and the church of the early Bible.
Orthodox Christianity is the face of ancient Christianity to the modern world and embraces the second largest body of Christians in the world. In this first-of-its-kind study Bible, the Bible is presented with commentary from the ancient Christian perspective that speaks to those Christians who seek a deeper experience of the roots of their faith.
- Old Testament newly translated from the Greek text of the Septuagint, including the Deuterocanon
- New Testament from the New King James Version
- Commentary drawn from the early Church Christians for a better understanding of Scripture
- Easy to Locate liturgical readings to align with what passages will be the focus of mass
- Book Introductions and Outlines provide an overview of the background and historical context of the book about to be read
- Subject Index to easily navigate to various topics
- Full color Icons
- Full color Maps provide a visual representation of meanings, themes, teachings, people, and places of Scripture
- Easy-to-read 9.5 point type size