U.S. Immigration Made Easy (Paperback)
Green cards, visas, and more: What every immigrant needs to know
Want to live, work, or travel in the United States? U.S. Immigration Made Easy has helped tens of thousands of people get a visa, green card, or other immigration status. You'll learn:
- whether you and your family qualify for a short-term visa, permanent U.S. residence, or protection from deportation
- how to obtain, fill out, and submit the necessary forms and documents
- insider strategies for dealing with bureaucratic officials, delays, and denials
- ways to overcome low income and other immigration barriers, and
- how to select the right attorney.
U.S. Immigration Made Easy provides detailed descriptions of application processes and helps you avoid traps that might destroy your chances. There's also an immigration eligibility self-quiz, which helps you match your background and skills to a likely category of visa or green card.
The 20th edition is completely updated to cover recent legal changes owing to the new presidential administration, as well as the latest on DACA.
This book does not cover naturalization. If you're interested in U.S. citizenship, see Nolo's Becoming a U.S. Citizen.