Do you often feel unwell after mealtimes, and want to know the reason? The symptoms you re having could be anything from a skin rash, to a tummy pain, or migraine. It is not easy to find out what is the cause when you re having so many different ingredients on your plate. Could it be an allergy? Is it an intolerance to gluten or spices? Or maybe even irritable bowel syndrome? Why should I use a food diary?
Basically a food diary records everything that you eat and drink. This makes it the perfect way of accurately capturing what you are putting in your mouth, and how you feel every day. Fill out your diary each day for a period of time, in as much detail as possible. For example, it can be very useful to write down that you're having a hard time digesting a particular type of food. Or if you have bloating, diarrhea, wind, tummy pain, nausea or vomiting after eating certain foods.
This food diary will be a great source of information for yourself and also your doctor or dietitian, who can go through what you recorded in detail. This journal includes:
- A 50 days diary, each day spread over 2 pages
- Recording of your eating patterns; breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
- Tracking of your physical symptoms and allergy triggers
- Monitoring your bowel movements, sleep patterns, energy levels and other symptoms
- Plenty of space for your notes and writing down other useful information
- Summary tables; overview of all your symptoms and triggers